Hyundai to expand dealer network with new Rockar ‘light’ local stores

The place to discuss everything else..
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Hyundai will introduce new Tesco Express-style local dealerships on busy shopping streets and thoroughfares to improve brand awareness and “interrupt” potential customers who are reluctant to visit a conventional showroom.

hyundai-rockar-001.jpg

The Korean manufacturer has seen huge success with its first two Rockar stores, which offer interested buyers a haggle-free sales experience without the pressure of an established dealership. By placing the shops in key areas, Hyundai effectively interrupts you while you shop, according to UK managing director Tony Whitehorn.

However shops in these high-footfall out-of-town malls are expensive to maintain, so Hyundai is looking at similar, more cost-effective solutions to sell its cars.

Whitehorn told us: “If you look at what’s going on in the supermarket world, it’s odd. You’d think that today everyone would be buying all their commodities online and have them delivered. Yet Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons are all building new stores.

“However, what is changing in the supermarket environment is that they are not building big stores. They’re all doing smaller, local stores. People want to have that physical presence. There still needs to be a relationship with a tangible offering.”

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/hyundai/98 ... cal-stores

KonaOwna

Post by KonaOwna »

It's quite a good idea as I hate car showrooms and salesman, means you can pop in for a look without feeling pressured to buy.
McGrick

Post by McGrick »

Agreed, Every time I walk into a dealer I feel pressure to get something. Even if I'm just checking out the selection of what's for sale. Yet, when I go to into showrooms, it's always there to just show off. Which usually is what gets me more interested than just trying to get me to buy things.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post