Sat Nav Update

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
bobzyer_runkle

Post by bobzyer_runkle »

Just had the satnav updated, and I'm not very impressed - during the first 8 mile journey, showed 60 when in a 50mph limit, and again showed 60 in a 40mph limit.

Not had a chance to play with the radio etc yet, but it looks like I will have to start learning how to operate it again - and some of the writing has reduced in size so I can't read it without glasses!

Bob

ibradburn

Post by ibradburn »

I quite agree , the update is rubbish to previous version.Enquired if i could go back to previous version but was told no. Said there was supposed to be update in April but never happened
davrob36

Post by davrob36 »

I take it you are talking about the November 2021 update for Euro ( i'm uK) - its terrible.
I have just been onto Hyundai Tweeter and complained about it and they are going to come back to me to tell when the 2022 update is due as the USA version went out on the 28th April.
Perhaps you can express your disgusts on Hyundai Tweeter and perhaps they may pull there finger out.
Wildy

Post by Wildy »

Yes, we're unimpressed with the latest update too! Hopefully the next will be better?

If I may, a different matter. This afternoon whilst sitting in the Kona (Hybrid) I thought I'd test Bluelink and wish I hadn't.

First of all, I set it to lock and within a few seconds, the external mirrors closed, the inbuilt hazard lights flashed and the car was locked. Great, I was quite impressed.

However, when I sent an unlock signal to the car, the hazard lights flashed and the doors did not unlock leaving me in a hot car with the windows closed. After a few fruitless attempts, I called my wife (todays driver) who was close by and she quickly arrived.

She touched the door handle unlock/lock button and ... nothing happened. Fortunately, she had the 'key' and was able to unlock the car.

So folks, should this have occurred?

Perhaps I was foolish to do what I did but ...
wildy
davrob36

Post by davrob36 »

I have just been given noification on the Hyundai Navigation Update that there is a May 2022 update - haven't gone into it yet but a person on the Hyundai Forum ( under Kona) is saying it no better.
Surely it can't be any worst than what we have on the November 2021 edition - will have to check out!
Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

Has anyone updated to the May '22 maps yet as I believe mine are out of date, and if so, are they any better ???
I've downloaded the Updater but when I start typing my software version in - OS.EUR.SOP.VO85.170908.STD_M - it only brings up OS.EUR.SOP.V126.220421.STD_M as an option to upgrade from.
Does this mean that my map update is from 17/09/08 ??
Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

3 days and still no reply...has anyone upgraded to the 2022 maps then or not ?? :roll: :roll:
Deleted User 708

Post by Deleted User 708 »

Only recently joined but to advise that I updated my Kona Hybrid Premium recently without any serious issues.

All works fine (as it did before) but had to switch kms back to miles for some reason.

Happy with the car in all respects except the Surfy Blue paint that is of a very poor finish and for which Hyundai still do not provide an oem touch up paint for after 12 months.

Got over £4k off the car new via Carwow but even at that price I doubt I would buy another due to the poor quality finish and lack of quality dealership support in my area.
Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

Cheers Scorpio...will give it a go and report back when I've done it.
Mine's a Surfy Blue 2018 model but the paint finish is excellent and really polished up well a couple of weeks ago ;)
Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

Ok....so I got a 32GB SD card from Amazon yesterday and downloaded the 2022 software update last night. I put the new card in the car this morning when we were going out for a drive (as the engine has to be running), as I didn't know how long it would take to install. Fortunately, it only took about 20 minutes before it was up and running again, so I've just spent a couple of hours getting my head round it and whilst it's quite similar to the previous version, there are a couple of things that have caught my eye. Firstly, the satnav no longer searches on postcodes, you either have to type in the address, POI nearby or the grid reference (who the hell uses grid references ????), so that's a bit of a disappointment and the only other minor gripe I have found is that it stores your radio favourites in alphabetical order rather than preference order and these are listed across the bottom of the radio screen as quite small icons (see pic below). I dare say once I've got used to it, it will be fine though.
Anyone else installed it yet??

IMG_20221003_162602709.jpg

IMG_20221003_151805855.jpg

IMG_20221003_151831880_HDR.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post