Roofbars

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
Richard436

Post by Richard436 »

Has anyone been able to fit roof bars to the new 2024 Kona Hybrid model? I asked Hyundai's main dealer parts/service department about it, but they had no idea. I then contacted Hyundai's head office in the UK, but they just told me to contact my local dealer again. I also reached out to Thule Sweden Head Office, but they informed me that they do not make any products that can fit the Kona Hybrid and that it would be too difficult to create one.

I need to transport two sea kayaks, but it seems like I won't be able to do so with my new Kona Hybrid. I might have to sell it and buy a different brand, possibly a Toyota. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

Buy a trailer ??
Richard436

Post by Richard436 »

The new Kona has three roofbar scew attachment points on each side of a flush rail. I have seen Hyundai roofbars for sale on the Internet, but so far only in the USA. I can understand main dealers not having them in stock, but it's poor that Hyundai UK doesn't. I don't know if I would be successful if I sued Hyundai for a full refund of my 2024 model, because I can't now do what Hyundai advertised I should be able to do. Only the Courts will know the answer to that one.
I also own an i20. I think these will be the last Hyundais I have.
OldMike

Post by OldMike »

Hi. I picked up my new electric Kona Ultimate last week and was keen to have roof bars. There was initially some confusion with the garage who eventually confirmed that Hyundai do not currently have any roof bars for the model. I checked around and it appears that they do in the USA but not the UK. I eventually got a set of Cruz Airo Fix bars from the Roofbox company. The garage fitted them and they seem fine. They do not screw into the bolt holes but grip the existing rails.

I hope that helps.

OldMike