Yet another newbie

New to the Hyundai Kona Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kona'22

Post by Kona'22 »

Hi folks. New to the Kona Forums having bought a March '22 Kona Hybrid Premium a few weeks ago.

Having waded through both the paper and online manuals I have just about got to grips with the many settings. However, I cannot find anything regarding the routing options in the satnav, ie Fastest, Shortest, Eco etc. I have used TomTom for many years now but this is my first car with what looks like a decent satnav which, combined with the huge screen, looks promising. The only problem I have is working out why it is sending me on a roundabout route on local journeys I know well (using the satnav by way of practice) instead of the most direct. Am I missing something?
Kona Hybrid Premium Auto March 2022

Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Select NAV then along the bottom of the map should be ROUTE OPTIONS and hopefully you'll see the fastest/economical etc. I seems the options differ on different models. this link might help http://webmanual.hyundai.com/STD_GEN5W/ ... emenu.html
Kona'22

Post by Kona'22 »

Great, thanks Jeffers. Will have a look at that next time I'm out in it.
Kona'22

Post by Kona'22 »

Have now looked at the satnav again. I do get 'Route Avoid Options' at the bottom of the screen, but what I am still trying to find is the usual fastest/shortest/econ type of choices that I am used to on every other type of satnav I have used in the past. I have searched for these countless times but I still cannot find them. If it makes any difference I have Bluelink activated on my phone + Bluetooth. I have also tried the USB data cable that I have used when trying out TomTom but I still cannot find the route options. (I would be happy to use TT but the standard map size is quite a bit smaller than that on the Kona's larger screen.) It probably sounds a bit dumb but I'll probably drop into the dealer next time I'm out and see if they can fathom out why I can't find the route options. However, if you can see what I'm doing wrong then I'm happy to listen to any suggestions! Thanks for your patience.
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

It is a bugger trying to find ALL of the different settigs/options for everything. Took some pics which might help. The thing you want is to make sure you start at the home screen with SETTINGS on it

Then (Hopefully) tap settings -> navigation -> guidance -> route options. there is also a little thingy at the top which when tapped shows some avoidance options. Hope this helps you.

settings.jpg

navigation.jpg

guidance.jpg

route options.jpg

tap for more options.jpg

2024-04-02 14.53.07.jpg

Kona'22

Post by Kona'22 »

Thanks Jeffers, much appreciated. I should be able to have a look at those screens tomorow, and will report back!
Kona'22

Post by Kona'22 »

Resize_20240403_205637_7309.jpg

Just had a quick look, now that it has stopped raining. The photo shows my screen after Display/Guidance. I don't have 'Route Options' at any stage, despite looking at everything available. It is such a basic facility these days, so I'm wondering if the dealership can update/upgrade the Nav software. I'm due to go in next week anyway (some pre-purchase scuffs were not dealt with before handover) so will enquire then.

Thanks again.

Resize_20240403_205637_7309.jpg

Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

That's a nuisance. I wonder if the sat nav is up to date? even so I'd expect those basic options to be there. Interesting what the dealer makes of it. Good luck

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post