Live Services not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
gngr29

Post by gngr29 »

Hi all. Has anyone had any issues getting their Live Services to work in their new Kona?

I love the car. Everything is great but no matter what I do the Live Services won't work. The dealership can't help and have had to go back to 'head office' or some such thing.

I connect to wifi using either my phone or house broadband (used the house just to confirm it wasn't my phone having an issue) but get the following message when trying to connect to live services:

An error occurred during initialisation of the service. Please contact your dealer.

As stated above, the dealer have no idea. I wondered if anyone else had this issue or managed to overcome it? They did suggest I used the android live services app, but I'm an iPhone user.

I was tempted to reset the system back to how it started.....but a bit scared to mess it up more!

Myrosen1957

Post by Myrosen1957 »

What is live services?
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi
I have the same problem with mine.my dealer (coupers st Albans herts) have been looking into it they have discovered that it hasn't been registered correctly by Hyundai factory (ip address problem i think).they have asked for it to be re registered but think they may need to change the sd card will let you know any developments
Myrosen1957

Post by Myrosen1957 »

Live services??? What is that?
Neil

Post by Neil »

Tom tom Live services.uses wifi connection from your phone to get upto date traffic,weather,speed cameras etc show on the sat nav screen
Myrosen1957

Post by Myrosen1957 »

Didn't know kona uses wifi from phone, I gave awd ultimate
Myrosen1957

Post by Myrosen1957 »

Is live services like the dropper radar?
ibradburn

Post by ibradburn »

does it use your phone data al the time the?
carryonvending

Post by carryonvending »

I've had the same, plus found Android Auto works great, but Amazon music gives the same results - NO WIFI
Phantom Black Premium SE
gngr29

Post by gngr29 »

Neil wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:16 am Hi
I have the same problem with mine.my dealer (coupers st Albans herts) have been looking into it they have discovered that it hasn't been registered correctly by Hyundai factory (ip address problem i think).they have asked for it to be re registered but think they may need to change the sd card will let you know any developments
Many thanks Neil - I'll let you know if I get anything too - I'll pass on your comments to my dealership (and keep my fingers crossed!).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post