ALL-NEW HYUNDAI KONA ELECTRIC

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

Thank you :)
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D

ElectraGlidein Blue

Post by ElectraGlidein Blue »

I took my car in for the software update as per an email request from Hyundai, to be told that the software is upto date! Still, I got a free valet and safety check.

Interesting that after 5,000 miles the brakes are barely worn, 5% worn, so potential for well over 50,000 miles lifespan? The regenerative braking is saving wear on the discs and pads and on the course of doing that putting charge back into the battery.

On a negative note the front tyres are down to 5.8mm tread. A combination of so much torque that it is easy to burn rubber when accelerating and very light steering. Must learn to be more light footed with the accelerator.
Kona 64kw EV 🚙
Puccio

Post by Puccio »

I thought the disc wear and tear kind of progresses over time. It's not linear, in other words. Maybe I'm wrong. 5% after 5,000 miles is awesome, regardless.
ElectraGlidein Blue

Post by ElectraGlidein Blue »

When I come off at a motorway junction and down the ramp I use regenerative braking. So for instance if I reckon the lights will be red when I get to the roundabout I can slow and gently roll up to the lights anticipating green using just the steering wheel regen paddles without touching the brake pedal and also add over 1/2 mile to the range. A double win.

The regenerative braking is really quite strong on the highest setting.
Kona 64kw EV 🚙
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Electra, looks like you are still the only one who has received the Kona E.

52 week waiting list now, roll on 01/03/20 :lol:
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Hyundai have stopped taking orders for the Kona Electric as they have sold out this year's allocation :shock:

Fortunately I ordered mine 2 weeks ago :D
Wobby1

Post by Wobby1 »

I’ve had my Kona for 6 weeks now it’s the 64 kW premium SE ceramic blue with white roof and two tone blue grey interior.
We’ve also fitted solar panels and a Zappi charger which allows us to charge from solar only or a mix of solar and grid or all from the grid.
Konerd

Post by Konerd »

Congratulations :)
So how are you getting on with your Kona ?
Would be good to see a picture !
GrahamMac

Post by GrahamMac »

Hi Folks
Just my Kona 64Kw for a month and people flash me as my beam is too high (OMG that makes me sound like a weirdo! ). Does anyone know how I can lower it? I've looked through the 1,000 page bible that doubles up as the "Owners manual" but still none the wiser. My last planet polluting VW Golf was simple it had a dial to raise and lower the lights! Mind you it actually had a handbrake and a gear stick!!
PS - If anyone is wondering ..I've done 1400 miles and I think it is a fantastic car... does exactly as promised!
Arlyn P

Post by Arlyn P »

I collected my new Kona electric on 5 December and on the way home many cars flashed me. As I was unused to the car I assumed I had done something wrong though I knew it wasn't on full beam. I am glad to read that others have had a similar problem and I will try to change it as in one of your messages.

Today, a month after collecting my car the cluster was full of beeps, orange triangles and the rest. It seems that one of my tyres has low pressure though they are all showing a pressure of 35 which makes no sense as the screen says it is the left back wheel. Think I will ask my neighbour to check it with his inflator as there are no garages round who help you do this anymore. Just hope this works!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post