Interrupting a charging session - how to disconnect

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
RangeFinder

Post by RangeFinder »

On two or three occasions so far I have needed to end a charging session early and have been unable to work out how to successfully do so without having to open the bonnet and use the emergency charger disconnect pull cord. These have been on charging stations where it has not been possible to end the charging session via an app. There must surely be a better/easier way to do this, but I can't work out what it is. Tried calling my dealer, they know nothing about Kona EV's, tried calling Hyundai customer services who said....speak to your dealer. To avoid ending up in Dante's circle of hell, I am hoping that someone on here has worked out the solution to this, maybe by reading a bit of the manual that I have managed to miss?

Looking forward to any ideas. Thank you!

AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

Have you tried holding the unlock button on your key fob for 5 seconds, then pulling the cable from the car socket?
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D
RangeFinder

Post by RangeFinder »

No, haven't tried that yet, but will do.
AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

I should have added "gently" before pulling ;)
This is how we disconnect the cable from our car when it's connected to a POD Point charger.
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D
bgw

Post by bgw »

Correct, even when the car is unlocked you still need to press the unlock button on the keyfob to release the charge cable - however I do not find it necessary to hold it for 5 seconds. You will have to stop the charge from the charge point first though.
RangeFinder

Post by RangeFinder »

Just to say that I have followed your advice and it has worked fine now. Having seen the last comment, I will experiment with not holding down the unlock button for as long and seeing if that still works. Thanks for the advice.
Rhauri

Post by Rhauri »

Worked for us (unlocking the car, let me unplug the charge plug, ahead of it being fully re-charged).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post