Auto Hold and lane assist

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
RangeFinder

Post by RangeFinder »

Having had a couple of VW's before where the auto hold function was the default and you had to turn it off, I find it mildly annoying and somewhat counter-intuitive that now in my Kona the auto hold function has to be turned on every time. Is there any way I can set it up to be on unless I turn it off?

Similarly I don't like the lane assist function that beeps every time I cross a white line. I tend to think that if I am concentrating that badly that I need to be told I have crossed a white line, I shouldn't be driving. I wonder if there is anyway I can set it to default as being off unless I turn it on instead of the other way around?

Thanks for any advice.

AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

My Auto-hold default is off.

With regards to the lane assist - why would anyone deliberately disable a safety feature?
Not pontificating, but to paraphrase your own words, if it occurs so frequently that it annoys you, then you shouldn't be driving.
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D
Deleted User 251

Post by Deleted User 251 »

Lane assist will give you a 'reminder' if you cross the white line without informing it (Use of indicators). If you indicate, and I am not sure of your circumstances then lane assist will be suspended and then re-establish after a few seconds. The computer needs an input to tell it what you are doing hence the indicators. If you cross a white line with no computer input, it is YOU at fault (according to the software writer)
Good luck
RangeFinder

Post by RangeFinder »

Hmmm, if you live in the countryside as I do and drive down windy lanes where you almost inevitably cross white lines from time to time, then having a noise go off every time when you do is annoying. Similarly, I also do a lot of motorway driving. While I always indicate to pull out and overtake, I don't see it as essential to always indicate to pull in to the slow lane. Meanwhile, if I am so inattentive that I need a lane-assist to tell me I am drifting on the motorway then I shouldn't be driving. But hey, that's just me and clearly sticking my head over the parapet and asking questions has apparently just led to people telling me I am in the wrong. I'll get my coat....
Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

I sympathise with Rangefinder. Narrow roads, cycle lanes and keeping close to the verge when big lorries pass all cause the beeps. Some times I wish it was just one beep instead of three. It is something I put up with though. I believe there are three settings to L.A. Off, normal and active.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.
Wobby1

Post by Wobby1 »

Lane keep assist can be turned off with a press of a button, as for auto hold I think Hyundai have got it right! If you were used to driving a full auto then you’ll know that they creep, very useful in slow moving traffic. With the Kona a quick pull on the left paddle after stopping will put the car in hold or alternatively switch on auto hold. Of course the other possibility is a Chauffeur then you can sit back and relax, mine is a big red bus. LOL.
Lion

Post by Lion »

I have not yet got my car yet but like Rangefinder last was VW and always used autohold. But I invariably used the ACC even in town so had automatic creep and stopping. As for lane assist I got used to it and its an insurance policy.
Car Premium SE 64KW
Wobby1

Post by Wobby1 »

I those who complain had ever driven an automatic ICE they would know that the creep is exactly what the do when one take ones foot of the brake, it very useful in slow moving traffic and can be stopped by pulling up the left paddle or switching it of before you drive.
The lane keep assist warning is exactly that a warning and safety device, which to can be switch off if travelling along country lane.
Has I really got that bad that a driver before setting off can’t press a little button.
DavidEveritt

Post by DavidEveritt »

Had my car 1year today. Always driven vans so I've never had much help from a vehicle.
I tend to flick mine in to cruise mode in heavy traffic. The distance from the car ahead can be selected. If I'm reminded that the car ahead has pulled away or we just happily crawl along behind the car ahead.
Turn the volume of the beeps down if they announce too much. I'm more than happy to have more eyes on the road looking out for my safety.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post