Charging rates

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
CRB

Post by CRB »

What rates of charge is everybody getting?

My local 7kW charger was fine to start with but is getting more popular and so if the two points are in use it drops to just over 3kW per hour.

Just tried a so called fast charger which said it was 42kW but the Pod-Point app rated it at 22kW but I only got just over 11kW in the hour I used it for. It was a CCS connection.

So am slightly concerned / confused about what rate I can expect to get.
Kona Electric Premium SE 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue

anupanu

Post by anupanu »

How much charge did your Kona have? Above 75-80% and the charge rate drops significantly
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.
CRB

Post by CRB »

About 50%
Ceramic Blue
CRB

Post by CRB »

In fact it was the AC charge point on the type 2 connector and Pod Point have said the maximum charging rate for a Kona on that type of connector is 11kW.

Does anyone else know if this is true?
Ceramic Blue
Pauly

Post by Pauly »

Hi the new Kona is rated at just over 11kwh ac so the charge you were getting is correct on a 22 kWh ac charger Hope that helps on a dc fast charger 50kw you should get 45 ish to start dropping to below 20 after 75% and then maybe only 7 after 92% this will all depend on how warm your battery is when you start to charge for instance if you go straight to a fast charger when your battery is cold you will be very unlikely to get any ware near the the max charging speed So some times it’s not worth it unless you have plenty of time A suggestion is maybe go to a 7kwh charger first to warm up the battery or drive a long distance first.
CRB

Post by CRB »

Pauly wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:33 am Hi the new Kona is rated at just over 11kwh ac so the charge you were getting is correct on a 22 kWh ac charger Hope that helps on a dc fast charger 50kw you should get 45 ish to start dropping to below 20 after 75% and then maybe only 7 after 92% this will all depend on how warm your battery is when you start to charge for instance if you go straight to a fast charger when your battery is cold you will be very unlikely to get any ware near the the max charging speed So some times it’s not worth it unless you have plenty of time A suggestion is maybe go to a 7kwh charger first to warm up the battery or drive a long distance first.
That's really helpful thanks 8-)
Ceramic Blue

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post