When will our new vehicle arrive?

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
CRB

Post by CRB »

I have to say that the fit and finish on my car is one of the best I gave ever seen. And my last 4 cars were 3 Jags and 1 Merc.
Kona Electric Premium SE 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue

Lion

Post by Lion »

picked my car up yesterday 15 June. very pleased so far just getting used to layout and sub levels etc.
Car Premium SE 64KW
CRB

Post by CRB »

Lion wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:26 pm picked my car up yesterday 15 June. very pleased so far just getting used to layout and sub levels etc.
What colour have you got?

Post some piccies ;-)
Ceramic Blue
Pauly

Post by Pauly »

Hi finally heard from my dealer today pick up my car next week can’t wait there Is hope on the horizon guys.
Pauly

Post by Pauly »

Hi all picked up my new Kona premium se 64kw pulse red on Wednesday and I am really pleased with it I am surprised at the build quality and general fit and finish it’s better than any new car I have purchased in the past .
Any of you guys who are waiting for one let me tell you you will be pleased you bought it I was a little apprehensive you know the feeling have I done the right thing will it be better than the car I have now it’s a lot of money etc well at the moment it’s been worth every penny And I have definitely made the right decision it looks and feels so good the drive is better than I anticipated one really happy owner.
CRB

Post by CRB »

Got to agree on the fit and finish 👍
Ceramic Blue
Wildy

Post by Wildy »

Well, it’s with us at last! A Premium SE hybrid in Pulse Red.

Was it worth the wait from just before Easter? Yes, I think so. Caveat - so far!

Lots of bells and whistles that add to the driving pleasure and all seem to functions one would expect.

An early (slight) disappointments were finding that the SatNav can’t be updated at home, it will be at the yearly service. As a TomTom owner, I find this difficult to comprehend. Only one reversing light and the reg plates contain the EU symbol and GB. I thought we had left the EU, perhaps they know something we don’t!

We’re away in the motorcaravan soon so more observations laterafter a few more miles ! :D

Enjoy your vehicles and stay safe
wildy
anupanu

Post by anupanu »

SNAP!

Our Tangerine Comet Hybrid Premium SE arrived on Friday 14th too.

We were told that the mapping in the car is already loaded to end of 2020 spec and it does download over the air (but check at annual service to make sure!)
My disappointments, so far, incandescent indicator bulbs, but worse, the 'fried egg' variety. Very 2000s! Bluelink is also not playing ball, my phone tells me the cars signal is too unstable. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
As for blue panels with EU logos on, I really didn't notice.
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.
anupanu

Post by anupanu »

Update on my previous post
Things that disappoint
As previously mentioned, the indicator bulbs.
Why in this day and age and on a car with LED this and LED that, a company don't go the 'whole hog' and do LEDs everywhere
A lever next to the drivers seat to open the fuel filler flap
Very 1980s, ever heard of linking it to the central locking Hyundai?
One shot window.
Only one? the technology is there, don't be cheap Hyundai
Whilst we are on the subject of windows, have you ever heard of global opening and closing Hyundai?

Having said all that, am I enjoying my new car? Oh Yes! All the tech (that is fitted) works extremely well.

BTW has anyone found the slot for the CD?
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.
Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

I have to agree with you about the windows. The number of times I have had to reinsert the key and turn the engine on just to fully close the windows. Also the boot lock seems to have a life of its own. Apart from that I love the car to bits.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.