Upgrading fog lights to LED's

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
davrob36

Post by davrob36 »

Hello Kona fans. I am hoping that someone can help in converting my halogen fog lights to LED's in as much that I purchased a pair of bulbs complete with decoder / resistor kit but after installing them the lights do not work.
So I thought I would ask if any body else has had the same experience before I start crawling under the car again. Is it that fitting the decoder / resistor kit that has caused the failure - thou i have been told some of these bulbs can be polarity sensitive , which means turning the connector 180' and rechecking.
Having already changed all the other halogen bulbs to LED's with no problems other than fitting a decoder / resistor kit to stop - tail lights - excepting the headlights which in the UK is a no no.
Reading all other folks experience it appears that most people get away without fitting decoder kits - so after checking the polarity situation perhaps I should do away with the decoder kit - your thoughts and any other ideas would be appreciated.
Or a simple question has anybody had to fit a canbus decoder kit to there car when fitting up foglights with LED replacements.
Thank you.

Love the pictures of NEW - NEW Kona

Cornish_Kona

Post by Cornish_Kona »

Hi davrob36, I am doing the same thing, I am not very experienced with the Kona, wishing you good luck as some LEDs are polarity sensitive like you say, so I would try again with the polarity reversed. I haven't swapped out my 35w Fogs (H8) yet, I am hoping I do not have to install load resistors or decoders?
I will search for a static cornering light thread too as they are H7 35w too and it would be great to fit LEDs.

Any tips greatly received? all the best. Cornish :)
davrob36

Post by davrob36 »

Sorry missed your reply Cornish but yes have completed my task and yes is was a matter of turning bulbs 180' and all working fine with the resistor kit.
Hope all goes well with yours.
David

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post