29.11.22 update - Navigation

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
Henryvl

Post by Henryvl »

Kona EV
Can anyone tell me what the changes are in the 29th Nov 2022 Navigation etc update?

Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

I wasn't aware of one til' now, but having Googled it I found this...

https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeView/998#

Will give mine a go ;)
Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

I've just downloaded the update and then copied it to an SD card and will install it tomorrow and report back ;)

(BTW...mine's a petrol not an EV so is a different version of the software but I'll report back anyway)
Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

As posted on the other Kona forum, I've now installed it and the only difference I can tell is that they've correctly amended a 60mph limit on the satnav on a road close to home to 40mph, so am guessing that they may have corrected some other such errors too ??
(I'm running Standard Class Gen5 whereas you 'letrit guys are running Gen5W I believe, so you may have some different amendments ??)
Kevin the Kona

Post by Kevin the Kona »

I have the Ultimate version with HUD. After updating the software I no longer get the warning when I drift over the speed limit plus the digits used to change colour too. Can anyone tell me if this was part of the update or I'm missing something in settings?

Thanks in advance.
Davew99

Post by Davew99 »

This problem first appeared after the Nov 2021 Sat Nav update (see my previous posts). I had hoped that it would be fixed in the 2022 version but obviously not.

I did find a way around it although it is not ideal. When you start the car you need to uncheck the Speed Limit Warning indicator by going to Settings / Vehicle / Driver Assistance, this indicator defaults to ON when the engine is started and can only be switched OFF by manual intervention. Unfortunately it has to be done every time you start the car so I only bother when I am going on a long journey.
Worldtraveller2

Post by Worldtraveller2 »

I found the Hyundai Navigation Updater software down loaded and created the necessary usb. I tried installing this and process failed with comment that I should contact dealer. Cleared data from usb and started from scratch twice but still install failed. New local dealer (Toomey Group Southend) were successfully able to update software, although they said was very slow. Only difference I have noticed so far (apart from not getting nagged to update) is the lack of speed limit warning removal.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post