Leaking clutch master cylinder

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

Whilst checking my fluid levels under the bonnet yesterday I noticed that there was a very slight leak coming from the outlet on the clutch master cylinder into the pipe that leads down to the slave cylinder. Looking at the attached photo it's coming from around the yellow plastic connector where the pipe comes out of the master cylinder and the spring retaining clip has also corroded due to the fluid. I'm guessing it's just the seal on the end of the pipe/inside the master cylinder that is leaking but, as I still have 5 weeks left on my warranty, I will speak to my local dealer to see if they can sort it. Has anyone else had this problem ??

IMG_20230405_100505860.jpg

Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

UPDATE - so the car went in to my local Hyundai dealer (Cars2) on Thursday and they confirmed my suspicions, so ordered a replacement clutch master cylinder and pipe and have agreed that they will both be replaced F.O.C. under warranty :D :D
I have to admit I was expecting them to try and argue that as a couple of the previous services were (very) slightly late, that the warranty was invalid, but to their credit they didn't, so the car is booked back in for 11th May for the work to be done ;) ;)
Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

All sorted now. Cars2 fitted the new parts on Thursday and all appears fine now. It looks as though Hyundai have now modified the master cylinder as the afore-mentioned yellow plastic part has now been replaced with a brass one, so maybe they are aware of an issue with them ??

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post