New member UK

New to the Hyundai Kona Forums? Introduce yourself here
Badgerman

Post by Badgerman »

I got the new car yesterday and it is very nice. I pressed the HOLD button for the Electronic Hand Brake which I use but it appears to have to be pressed every time I start up. Is there a way of keeping it on permanently?

Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

I will have a play later to see how mine reacts but as I see it and according to the manual the Auto Hold should retain its last setting when you turn the car off. If you had auto hold on when you stop the car and move the gear to P and turn the "engine" off...then when you re start the car the auto hold should still be selected on position. However if you turn the engine off while still in D or N then the EPB will be auto applied. hence when you start again the auto hold will be off and you need to select it again. Seems confusing so as I say i'll try a few experiments tomorrow.
Badgerman

Post by Badgerman »

I will have to have another look at it. I thought there might have been something in the menus to select it as the default setting.
Badgerman

Post by Badgerman »

I can't see how to post a new comment in this forum so I will ask my question here. I'm fitting front and rear dashcams in my Kona Hybrid but there don't appear to be any simple routes to take the wires. Has anyone got any helpful advice please?
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Hi Badgerman....I've only just figured the posting new topic myself. Find the main page and select the "Hyundai Kona Forum Area" blue banner, then select a sub section e.g. "Main Hyundai Kona Chat" then you see the blue "New Topic" at top left next to search box. Phew!
I had a front dashcam Nextbase fitted at Halfords (£50) as I was wary and a bit hesitant doing it myself. surprisingly good service just your luck who you get. However, when I saw what he'd done I could easily have done it myself. Took him about 20mins. He went from the fuse box on drivers side where there are 2 spare fuse slots that are only live when ignition is on. wire hidden behind door pillar lining/padding up and under top windscreen to position top left of rear view mirror. He said if I wanted a rear one it was easy to route simarly behind roof lining. Dont know if that helps you.
Badgerman

Post by Badgerman »

Thanks for your help Jeffers.
AlanRogers

Post by AlanRogers »

Hi Badgerman,
I think that you do have to select Auto Hold every time you start the car.
I'm not sure why it's like that.
It was the same on our previous KIA XCeed.
I also always try to disable Lane Assist

Cheers,
Alan.
Badgerman

Post by Badgerman »

Yes, it is necessary to select Hold each time you start up.
I'm getting a good mpg so far.
Trying to figure out the best use of the paddles!
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Hi there,
new member here but I've had my Kona HEV 202o model for over a year now.
The best car I've ever owned.
Hope you're all enjoying your cars?
On the 2023 model can you run it on just EV?
Mine automatically changes and only runs totally on EV if driving less than 40mph and have the foot almost off the pedal.
MikeS 2020 Polar White Kona HEV Premium