New member UK

New to the Hyundai Kona Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Hello everyone.....just got a Kona Premium Hybrid and looking round for tips and other owners comments etc.
Doesn't seem to be much that I can find so far for UK. There is another forum for Hyundai with Kona section but it seems to relate to US and Canada but can get a few tips there so dodging between the two. :)

Badgerman

Post by Badgerman »

Hi Jeffers. I'm getting a Kona Hybrid within the next two weeks. It is the old style 2023 model. How have you found the use of the electric running side of the hybrid? Does it get you very far on battery alone?
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Hi Badgerman, Only had it 3 weeks and yes mine is the old style 2023 model the same....not many of them around apparentley. You wont get far on battery alone (35 miles the sales bloke told me but he didn't know really) but that's not how it works. The battery is a supplement to the petrol i.e. they work together but you'll soon get the hang of it and understand when you start using it. I love it to be honest and so far although not carrying any weight and usually only me the computer trip thingy is showing 59.9 mls per gallon!
Badgerman

Post by Badgerman »

Yes, we have had some difficulty obtaining ours. I don't like the look of the new version and wouldn't have wanted one.
Badgerman

Post by Badgerman »

Still waiting patiently, and not yet a Kona owner. Maybe I should just keep my Nissan Qashqai Tekna?
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Well that must be annoying for you. I came from the Nissan QQ also (deisel) and difficult to compare but the driving experience I'm pleased with....the QQ was manual but the Kona auto is a dream to drive and mpg economical doubt if I'll ever go back to manual gearbox. Kona not as roomy as QQ or driving seat not as comfy. I have taken a while to get it adjusted properley for my 6 ft+ height. Early days but no regrets at the moment. Only issue has been with the Hyundai dealer who sold me GardX paint protection and that is an ongoing argument.
Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

Badgerman wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:24 pm Still waiting patiently, and not yet a Kona owner. Maybe I should just keep my Nissan Qashqai Tekna?
If the Qashqai has got the CVT gearbox then get rid as soon as you can ;) ;)
Badgerman

Post by Badgerman »

That was on my previous QQ and I became aware of the potential problem. The present one is a 6 speed DCT which was much better. I have had two CVT cars and don't like that type of drive.
Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

;) ;)
Badgerman

Post by Badgerman »

Jeffers wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:52 pm Well that must be annoying for you. I came from the Nissan QQ also (deisel) and difficult to compare but the driving experience I'm pleased with....the QQ was manual but the Kona auto is a dream to drive and mpg economical doubt if I'll ever go back to manual gearbox. Kona not as roomy as QQ or driving seat not as comfy. I have taken a while to get it adjusted properley for my 6 ft+ height. Early days but no regrets at the moment. Only issue has been with the Hyundai dealer who sold me GardX paint protection and that is an ongoing argument.
Jeffers We use a Halfords seat pad, even in the QQ, because our old bones and joints feel every bump and pothole in the roads round here.