I’ve been sold a 2019 instead of the advertised 2020 Kona - help!

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
KatBag

Post by KatBag »

Hello. I specifically wanted a 2020 Hyundai Kona Hybrid Premium SE because it has the top safety specs. I went ahead and bought one that was advertised as 2020, has paperwork saying it was manufactured in 2020, asked at length in the shop about the year and discussed my needs for one of that spec. I took it to a Hyundai dealership, today, because the front sensors didn’t seem to work as I would expect them to - turns out there are no front sensors (only the under bumper radar) as it’s a 2019 model (albeit with a 2020 registration plate)! Obviously I’ll be calling the place I bought it from and asking for the 2020 one I bought, please. Any other advice would be welcome. I have the advert that says 2020 and a hpi Check Results sheet that they gave me, that says “manufactured 2020.”

KatBag

Post by KatBag »

Wait a hecking minute - tenth letter of the VIN is L, L is 2020, 2020 relates to the model year (not necessarily the manufactured year), so it is a 2020 and the Hyundai dealership is wrong. If only I could find a reliable spec for the 2020 Kona Hybrid Premium SE - the dealerships only have 2021 onwards.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post