Battery Problem

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
RickB

Battery Problem

Post by RickB » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:43 pm

Don't know if this has happened to anyone else but yesterday my battery completely died. Car wouldn't start so tried a jump start, that didn't work.
Car only started after I hooked it up to a mates car battery for 15 mins.
Car had been running perfectly fine before this and nothing was left on in the 2 hour gap between use.
Only had the car a month and have now lost all confidence in it. Will be taking it to a Hyundai dealer at the first opportunity.

Myrosen1957

Re: Battery Problem

Post by Myrosen1957 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:02 pm

Sorry to hear this ,bought mine like 3 weeks ago no problems yet, Tennessee here, all the electronic stuff dies scare me , looks like all new cars are having all thus , good luck

Myrosen1957

Post by Myrosen1957 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:02 pm

Sorry to hear this ,bought mine like 3 weeks ago no problems yet, Tennessee here, all the electronic stuff dies scare me , looks like all new cars are having all this , good luck, let us know the outcome

Pwt50

Post by Pwt50 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:02 am

I recently had the same problem, parked the car at the airport for 7 days, came home and found the battery completely flat. The AA jump started it, and did a battery test then told me the battery was unserviceable and needed to be taken to the dealership for testing, I did so, and was told the battery was not faulty, just needed "a good charging"???!

martin778899

Post by martin778899 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:06 pm

I've had this twice now with my Jan registered Kona.

In May I went out to the car and the remote wouldn't open it, everything was dead. I had to use the mechanical key, the AA came out 2 hours later, the battery was down to 6v and they used their charger unit to start it. I had to idle it for an hour to recharge the battery.

Then a couple of days ago (August) it happened again. The AA came out in 30 mins, started it the same way.

My car has the keyless ignition, and obviously lights etc were off as always. I did wonder if the hard to shut boot might have caused the boot light to be left on, but it was closed and the light was off. I recently left it at an airport for two weeks and again for a week and it was fine afterwards. Something suddenly discharges the battery totally.

It's a worrying fault as it's intermittent and obviously hard to sort out.

Bobbles

Post by Bobbles » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:24 pm

Shortly after taking delivery of my new Kona some 6 months ago I had similar problems. Went to start the car and although the ignition lit up there was insufficient power to fire it up. Called the AA who jumped started it and thought the cause of the fault was the tailgate not properly shut.
The car was ok for a couple of months when once again it wouldn't start. There was no ignition lights and had to use the key to gain access as battery completely discharged. Called AA who started the car. The AA man was very helpful and did some diagnostic checks and was able to discover some leakage of power and suggested that I took it in to main dealer for further checks.
Booked car in to Petch maindealer who found that there was a fault in the software in the cluster display. they rebooted it and its running perfectly for the last 3 months.

Return to “Main Hyundai Kona chat”